A fully dynamic elbow goniometer splint with a springThe spring features gently pushes an extremity to the selected degree of extension which aides to increase elbow extension. Excellent for individuals with strong flexor tone and flexion force. Allows for progressive extension of the elbow in 10 degree increments. The goniometer lets you set a range within which the elbow can flex and extend, or can lock at a desired degree. An Allen wrench is provided and easily stored under orthosis cover.
A non-fixed contracture is any contracted joint that can be flexed or extended. Elbow joints contractures are classified as:
- 5 to 30 degrees = mild contracture
- 30 to 90 degrees = moderate contracture
- 90 degress plus = severe contracture
- Patient has circulatory problems
- Pressure areas or skin irritations appear
- Patients has persistent pain in the area treated
- Patient has increased edema, redness or blisters
- Patient has fixed flexion contractures
- Hinge is completely covered to guard the skin
- Cover can be easily removed for replacement and laundering
- Progressive extension can be applied in 10 degree increments
- For use after CVS, surgery, injury, or neurological complications
- Goniometer provides an easy-to-read guide to degree of extension set
- Comfyprene (comes with 5 attachable/removable hygiene liners)
- Adult and Adult Small Sizing
- Comes with an allen wrench
Therapeutic uses of the Comfy Spring Loaded Goniometer Elbow Orthosis
A splint made to increase elbow extension for patients who had CVA, surgery, injury or have neurological issues. Its hinge allows one to set a range within which the elbow can flex and extend and can also lock at a desired degree of extension.
Also features dynamic spring that gently pushes the extremity to the selected degree of extension. Spring strength is easily set. Excellent for individuals with strong flexor tone and non-fixed contractures.
The splint cover is lined with soft foam and covers the whole frame of the splint so that any edges that touches the patient are padded to prevent pressure areas on patients body.
Which is one of the many advantages of using a splint that comes with a durable terrycloth that absorbs moisture and prevents skin maceration. The terry cloth maintains the skin's integrity by absorbing moisture, allowing air circulation and preventing skin maceration on upper arm and forearm.
The splint is lightweight and durable making it easy to travel with and easy to use anywhere.
Available to deliver in Australia.
Please contact us for a shipping quote.
Freight will be charged at a nominal rate with the exception of “bulky items”. Freight for “bulky items” will be charged at actual cost.
Additional freight charges may apply for Urgent Next Day Delivery or delivery to Regional areas.
Refused deliveries – we reserve the right to add an additional delivery charge on all consignments which are refused delivery without justification.
A manufacturer’s warranty applies to products when used in accordance with the user instructions and when the product has been properly maintained.
Warranties do not extend to products damaged by any abuse, accident or improper use.
This is a Non-stock items. Non-stock items are filled as a special order and cannot be cancelled or returned, unless faulty or not fit for the purpose described.