The Rapid Knee utilizes an adjustable ROM hinge and an open wrap configuration to provide convenience and comfort to the user. The wrap fits snugly and provides even compression and support.
The Rapid Knee has double upright ROM hinges and a locking joint for positioning the knee. This joint can lock the knee into either a flexion or extension position. The adjustable flexion and extension joint enables the practitioner to set limits on flexion and extension but allows the patient to move the knee freely within those limits.
The Rapid Knee is designed for a patient who can load weight on the knee and is capable of some ambulation. It is typically used for post surgical rehabilitation following knee surgery.
The Rapid Knee is operated by first sizing the patient to the appropriate brace, based on knee circumference. While in a sitting position, the Rapid Knee can be unwrapped (outer straps and inner straps opened), and slipped on the leg and knee, with the patella cut-out area centred in the front knee area squarely. Velcro close the front ends straps to form a comfortable compression. Double check fit once more to ensure proper tension. Next, the ROM hinge can be adjusted open for complete range of motion, or adjusted based on degrees of flexion. Or optionally, stop it at some point to counter act contractures.The adjustable hinge is protected by a cover so as to not interfere with the other knee, and/or cause an adjustment pin to slip out of position.
Available in Small, Medium, Large, X Large, 2X Large, 3X Large sizes.
- Portable, comfortable and convenient to use
- Breathable, non-allergenic, and lightweight materials
- Provides control and support through an adjustable ROM hinge
- Easy to Use and Easy to Read Indexed Hinge Indicates ROM Improvement and Hinge allows Dynamic or Static Setting
- Features a polycentric adjustable design to control extension and flexion
COMPONENTS + ACCESSORIES:
1) The Rapid Knee – Knee wrap with Double upright ROM hinge
2) User instructions – cautions and warnings and operating instructions.
INDICATIONS FOR USE OF THE EQUIPMENT:
1) The patient has had a recent injury to or surgical procedure on the knee
2) Rheumatoid arthritis
4) Meniscal cartilage derangement
5) Chondromalacia of patella
6) Knee ligamentous disruption
7) Rupture of tendon, nontraumatic – quadriceps tendon
8) Pathologic fracture of femur
9) Pathologic fracture of tibia or fibula
10) Aseptic necrosis of tibia or fibula
11) Stress fracture of tibia or fibula
12) Congenital deformity of knee
13) Fracture of femur – lower end
14) Fracture of patella
15) Fracture of tibia and/or fibula –upper end
16) Dislocation of knee
17) Sprains and strains of knee
18) Failed total knee arthroplasty
Sizing Chart (Measure circumference around knee cap)
S => 12” - 14”
M => 14” - 16”
L => 16” - 18”
XL => 18” - 20”
2XL => 20” - 22”
3XL => 22” - 25”
4XL => 25” - 28”